Monday, March 02, 2015

The Bearded Boy


My oldest son, only 13, started growing facial hair last year and other people at school were noticing, not in a bad way, just making observations. Somewhere between then and now, he formulated a plan for his appearance next year in 8th grade. Aside from wanting a huge afro hair style (he got the idea from watching the scene from Fletch where Chevy Chase is dreaming he is playing basketball for the Lakers and is sporting a huge afro) my goofball son wants to be the only guy in school with a full beard.

His plan, since I gave him my old electric razor/trimmer is to shave every day over the summer and then grow out a full beard so he can make a crowd stunning appearance on the first day of school, confident that n0 one else would be sporting such facial hair.

I don’t know if it is possible, but I did explain to him the skinny on facial hair and the ins and outs of shaving. For some reason he thinks it would give him some street cred or something to transform himself into the bearded boy of his school.

If he could just get that afro he wants, he would reach the pinnacle of existence.

No comments: